Data from SIPERG Projects
Climate Change Info Links
(credit Dr. Erich C. Osterberg)
- IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (2014)
- Summary for Policy Makers: Bullet points for those looking for a quick understanding of where we stand
- Synthesis Report: good overall look at the changing climate and its impacts – more in depth than the SPM
- Working Group I: “The Physical Science Basis”: Detailed info on climate change data and models
- Working Group II: “Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability”: Detailed info on impacts of climate change
- Working Group III: “Mitigation of Climate Change”: Detailed look on what we can do about it
- Arctic Climate Impact Assessment
- Synthesis Report: Summaries of key findings about Arctic climate change
- Scientific Report: Detailed look at the data and findings
- RealClimate.org: “Climate from Climate Scientists.” And they really are. These articles are all by very well respected scientists in the field of climate and paleoclimate, and they have great discussions about the topics of the day
- US National Climate Change Impact Assessment Report: An interactive web page to Explore the National Climate Assessment and Development Advisory Committee’s 2014 report. Like the IPCC but just for the US.
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Provides good visuals and summaries of climate change and mitigation. Good introductory resource for students/li>
Climate Data and Analysis Links
- World Data Center for Paleoclimatology: Download raw data from paleoclimate studies of all types
- NOAA Climate Prediction Center
- NOAA National Climate Data Center: US Climate at a Glance: See maps and create your own plots of national, regional, and state temperature and precipitation over the past 100 years.
- KNMI Climate Explorer: Browse hundreds of datasets and even upload your own. Useful for exploring trends, spatial correlation, periodicity, and other characteristics of different datasets.
- NOAA Climate Indices: Download a variety of Atmospheric and Ocean climate index time series